From 1913 until 1993 this site served as a military hospital (Milho). In 2004 a selection was held to redevelop the site into housing and commercial spaces. To preserve the characteristic image of the military hospital the new buildings have been concentrated in the marginal zones. The design provides a differentiated housing for a wide audience. There are two underground car parks, planted at the edges of the site. Traffic circulation is avoided when possible inside the enclave.
The first phase of the project is already in use. Work on the final phase is now under construction and will expected to be ready in 2014.