Jewish Museum Berlin Glass Courtyard
This addition to the Jewish Museum in Berlin is located in the courtyard of the original building, which was built in 1735. The new building is inspired by the Sukkah huts that are used for gatherings during the Jewish festival of Sukkot. The extension has a transparent glass roof and curtain walls that offer unobstructed views of the garden. In the summer, sliding doors can be opened along the lower front elevation to transform the courtyard into an outdoor space. Studio Daniel Libeskind worked together with Matthias Reese of Reese Architekten to complete the project (text from website architect).