The Neues Museum (New Museum) in Berlin, part of the Unesco World Heritage Museum Island, was built by Andreas Schlüter in 1856 and heavily destroyed in World War II. After 40 years being a ruin, it is now renovated in an extraordinary way by David Chipperfield. About 4000 visitors a day are fascinated by the Nofretete (Nefertiti) bust, the Greek and Aegyptian collection and the respectful restoration of the only museum with an original interior of the German Historism in the 19th century. The New Museum finally opened in 2009. The reconstruction is only a part of the general renewal of the Museum Island. In 2010 David Chipperfield will add a contemporary entrance building: the James Simon Gallery. Here will start the new underground 'archeologic pathway', which will connect the four museums with a distinct thematic approach to each institution. The first new building in the neighbourhood of the island by Chipperfield was the 'Am Kupfergraben' art gallery.