Danish Pavilion for the Venice Biennale
In 1958, Peter Koch presented a design for the extension of the Danish Pavilion, originally designed in 1932 by Carl Brummer. The original building was a rectangular hall with the entrance on one of its long sides, facing the 'Piazzale delle Cerimonie' (Ceremony Square). The neoclassical building was preserved by Koch and the extension grew asymmetrically, stretching from the back of the building towards one side. The extension is simple and very low key. The materials used were brick, iron and glass.