Israeli Pavilion for the Venice Biennale
In 1951, the plans for the Israeli Pavilion were sent to Venice by architect Zeev Rechter. By 1952 the pavilion was approved and by the beginning of the XXVI Biennale of the same year the building was ready. The structure consists of one volume with a trapezoidal shape. On one side it is a completely enclosed box and on the other it has a little entrance porch. The interior is organized in three levels, quite unusual for a Biennale pavilion.