Swiss Pavilion for the Venice Biennale
In 1951 Bruno Giacometti wins the competition for the Swiss Pavilion at the Venice Biennale. In June 1952 the pavilion is inaugurated in time for the XXVI Biennale. The main material that was used for the pavilion is brick and it can be seen crude on the exterior walls as well as on the internal patio walls. The pavilion has two main halls: the bigger one has a metallic roof that allows light to come in from above.