With the transformation of the Turin Lingotto factories in mind, a former factory of Philips designed by Dirk Roosenburg in 1928, was converted into a multifunctional building for design, art, knowledge and technology: the Witte Dame (White Lady). Public initiative saved the building from demolition. The unofficial monument has been conserved by using it for new functions, including the accommodation of the Design Academy, the main branch of the public library, and a design department of Philips Lighting. The biggest intervention is the transformation of the middle section. The central entrance, including a number of shared facilities, has been situated at an important point in the city’s layout: on the axis of the route from the city centre via the Licht Square to the Philips Stadium. A crucial point in the renovation of the White Lady is that the building has been changed as little as possible. The look of the façade and the way the floor areas are stacked have remained unchanged.