The completely refurbished Las Palmas building on the Wilhelmina Pier in Rotterdam now houses several cultural institutions and companies that operate in the creative sector. One of them is the Netherlands Photo museum with large exposition space, a library and storage space for archiving and preserving photographic material. On the rooftop a whole new structure houses the office of OVG Projectontwikkeling, as real estate developer also involved in this project. Its location occupies an important place in Rotterdam’s history. Hundreds of thousands of emigrants set sail for the USA and Canada from the Wilhelmina Pier, which served as the headquarters of the Holland-America Line from 1901. Las Palmas was completed in 1953 to accommodate workshops and warehousing for the Holland-America Line. Before the renovation it was used as a club venue. The building’s spaciousness, robust concrete structure and striking interior make it eminently suitable for this new cultural function.