Conversion of former granary into lofts
This building belongs to the former Prussian Military Unit barracks complex in Gliwice. The barracks complex had been built from 1892 to 1914, including extensions in 1902 and 1914. Initially, the building was a granary. Later, after the war, it was used as a drugs warehouse of the nearby Military Hospital. The building style is described as historicism without any distinctive features. Since the building is listed into the registry of monuments, all project solutions were consulted at the concept stage with the Municipal and Regional Restaurateur of Monuments. Considering the repeatable floor setup based on a construction grid of wooden columns, the possibility of many different development variants of residential functions was assumed, thus gaining 30 lofts with floor areas ranging from 79 sqm to 320 sqm on four floor levels. Open space which can be freely arranged by the future customer for services, retail or office functions are to be located at the ground floor level.