In the spirit of the new year and the usual annual reporting we've also made a list of 2008 in retrospect. Here's a summary:
* In 2008 we've been invited to present MIMOA on several exiting occasions, the Venice Biennale presentation being one of the most memorable. This year we've returned to the Picnic Conference and spent 20 minutes talking about the website at the Citizen Media special.
* In the sping of 2008 MIMOA went global, and we opened up the European borders.
* It took us several months and many iterations, but we've managed to get the Pro account up and running before the end of 2008. It's the only paid feature of MIMOA so far, and allows architects to advertise their office on our large internationally known platform, and use MIMOA for their portfolio. Go check this example. More info to follow soon.
* 2008 brought us the Iphone! (Remember, we're living in The Netherlands). And we've got big plans to turn it into a perfect travel-companion.
All in all a pretty good and productive year. Up next is 2009.
At the start of an even more productive year, here’s some (easy to be made) predictions and (less sure but highly anticipated) forecasts for 2009.
* One of the milestones to be reached this year is the record of 3000 unique projects live! Soon we can celebrate the first 2000 live, just litte more to go (32 at the time of writing), and with the growing number of active contributors (381) and registered members (4470 right now), we expect to outrun our current average upload of 4 projects a day. Keep up the good work.
* In 2009 we’re looking forward to the first signs of financial means that will make MIMOA self-supporting. By implementing the business models that we’ve defined, MIMOA can continue to produce public value, and at the same time make this initiative sustainable.
* We’ll be traveling more, visiting old cities, new countries and meeting more lovely people. Can’t wait to get there.
* The Mi guide will get a make-over and it will have a map, more custom-possibilities and maybe even tours. That’s what you said you want.
Have a great year.
MIMOA is a free user generated international Modern Architecture guide with addresses and maps. It
provides exactly the information you need to find and visit
buildings, bridges, parks, squares, interiors and public art. Everybody can contribute projects to MIMOA, and everybody can create their own personal architecture guide. It is the best source of information for
your city trip or excursion with all Modern Architecture in one view.
Please do reply if you have any suggestions or questions
You don’t want to receive the next newsletter? Go here to unsubscribe.
Not a member yet? Click here to register and make a personal MIMOA account.
Click here to view this newsletter as a webpage.